March 26, 2011

Ding Dong the WASC is Dead!

WASC IS OVER!!!! Woooooooooooo!

Teachers who have gone through the WASC accreditation process understand just what that means. Everyone else, just know that it was a lot of hard work that finally came to an end.

The three day visitation was actually quite pleasant and the team made it painless for us. They loved our school and now we just wait for our final "score" (although I have no doubt we will get the full six year accreditation).

Now that it's finally over, I feel much more relaxed. Today, my sweetie and I spent the morning perusing books at Adams Avenue Bookstore . There are two cats who live there (see below). Now, I'm not a cat person but I love these kitties! They are the friendliest, sweetest cats. The darker one followed me around and rubbed against me while I was looking for books.

Lucky kitties. Photo from their website.

I heart books!

I came back with some goodies. Two books for me, one book for my sweetie, and three books for my classroom (always a teacher on the hunt for good picture books). 

I plan to spend the rest of the day cleaning, relaxing, and organizing pictures on my computer. While I am doing those things I will imagine that I live in a vine covered cottage surrounded by lush green forests

Found on the awesomely named Tumblr Fuck Yeah Cottages. Obsessed.

and that I am stroking my pet foxes.

Domesticated (!) foxes. Found through National Geographic. Picture from this website.

A girl can fantasize right?



Have a relaxing weekend filled with books and dreams :)


No comments: