October 19, 2010

DOUBLE RAINBOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

About a week and a half ago, we had some pretty crazy weather here in SoCal. In the same week, I had to keep my students inside for recess for both extreme heat and pouring rain. This was the same week Los Angeles experienced it's hottest day EVER at 113 degrees.

Needless to say, my students were a little squirrely the whole week.

There was an upside though. On a bizarre humid and drizzly day, I arrived home to a surprise.

 I had just arrived home from work, when my husband called:

"OMG, OMG, OMG!!!! DOUBLE RAINBOW! Seriously, there's a huge double rainbow in the sky right now."

"Really? I don't see it?"

Right after I hung up the phone and got out of my car, I turned to the right and ...

BAM!
There it was!

Now, I know I've done my share of poking fun at the Double Rainbow Guy, but I have to say that, at that moment, I was nearly as excited as he was. Nearly.


I raced inside and grabbed my camera. I then proceeded to stand in the rainy parking lot like a crazy person taking pictures of the double rainbow. I called my husband back: "Double rainbow ALL THE WAY!!! WHOOOOAAAAA!" He pulled up in his car to a ranting crazy woman standing in the middle of the parking lot shouting and gesturing toward the sky.

Hurf

Blurf

Gurgle

My mind was officially blown at this point.

Ranting aside, the rainbow actually was pretty cool. I wasn't quite so moved as to fall to the ground sobbing, but maybe I just need a triple rainbow to do that.

No comments: