November 2, 2010

Damn You Anthropologie!

In the magical land of Southern California, October and November are very hot months.

Today, for example, was 86 degrees fahrenheit according to the thermometer outside our classroom.

Still, I really love fall clothing. The sweaters, the tights, the boots. I love the warm browns, rich reds, and all the shades of gray. I imagine myself on a crisp autumn day, browsing used book stores in tweed and tights and then curling up with my newly purchased book under a plaid wool blanket...with a mug of hot cider.

Except that it's a zillion degrees outside.

Anyway, I've been browsing clothes and other things at Anthropologie.

Yes, I know, I know, pretty much every girl loves the gorgeous clothes and impeccable styling of Anthropologie.

Personally, I would love to live in Anthropologie-land...wherever that it.

Alas, I cannot afford it. So I look at Autumn-y pictures like this one of a fox on a plaid chair

What does it mean?! Who cares! It's cute and magical.

And imagine myself in that magical land of things I cannot afford.

Damn you Anthropologie!!!

I'm trying to convince myself that these boots, which are about $200,


are actually affordable because at least they aren't $600 like this other pair of boots


So, they're totally worth it right? Right?

Damn you Anthropologie!!!

No comments: