November 18, 2010

Psychic Newlyweds

The other day, I decided that I was going to surprise my hubby by going grocery shopping, cleaning the kitchen, and then cooking him a delicious dinner.

So I bolted home from work and tore over to Trader Joe's to pick up ingredients for a pasta dish he really likes.

I knew he wasn't going to get home for another hour so I unpacked the groceries and settled down on the couch to relax.

Minutes later, I heard the clanking of a key at the door and in walks my husband...with Trader Joe's bags.

"I'm going to cook you dinner tonight! I got really good stuff at the store."

"Um, guess where I just was..."

"Trader Joe's?"

"Yes!!! And you can't cook me dinner because I was going to cook you dinner and it was my idea first!"

Long story short, my husband had heard that there were Nurenberg-style sausages at Trader Joe's from his German coworker and was really excited about them (those were his favorite sausages when we 
were in Germany). I was really excited about them too and decided that I would cook him the sausages as a surprise dinner truce. 

The freakiest part about all this was that we picked up several of the same items at the store. These are items that we don't usually get like potatoes and spiced apple cider.

I just thought it was so sweet that we had the same idea on the same night. I didn't think I could love him any more than I did before we got married. Not only do I love him more every day, but I have somehow become psychically connected to him...Weird.

I'm still working on the mind reading though. I'll let you know how it goes :)



No comments: