December 14, 2010

Christmas Program

Tonight was our school Christmas Program. The kids did a great job! I was so proud of them. They nailed their lines and their songs.

Man, were they excited though. We met in the classroom before the performance and there was much squealing, jumping, and inevitably screaming. I had already lost my voice earlier today so I used my best combination of hand raising, clapping, and teacher stare signals to calm the children. They kind of worked.

If we could somehow harness the energy of children waiting in a classroom before a Christmas performance, we could solve the energy crisis. Any ideas?

I have three more days to get through before our Christmas break. I'm looking forward to fully recovering from my illness over the break. My poor husband is also very sick with some other horrible virus so I'm also looking forward to putting more of my energy toward nursing him back to health.

The countdown begins!


No comments: