December 23, 2010

My Christmas Present to Myself

This year, I'm treating myself to....

 A new CAR!

I currently drive a 2002 Saturn and have driven this car since high school. It's not a fancy car by any means but I have to say I've never had a serious problem with it.

However, I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things and upgrade a little bit. I'm ready for a car that can actually accelerate to 65 mph in less that the 30 seconds it takes my poor Saturn. Yeah, I want some power and some zip. I'm ready to have fun driving!!! I've been saving money for years now and am ready to buy myself a car!

My father-in-law has been helping me shop around on cars.com and kelleybluebook.com to get ideas of prices. After looking at different options, I decided it would be best to go with a certified used car based on the cars that I like (so I don't go too broke!).

First, I'm going to some dealerships today to drive some new cars and have the salesmen really sell me so I can make a final decision. Here are some cars that are in the running:

At the top of the price range, an Audi TT. Not sure about this guy, but if we have time today I might just take it for a spin.

The early favorite: The VW GTI (my husband's really pushing this one). 

I probably won't get one  of these (I hear they eat money) but they still have my heart in the looks department: The Mini Cooper.

Another options: The BMW 128i. I also love the looks of this and it's a BMW

I am sooooo excited to try some cars today. My husband is just as excited because he knows he'll get to drive whatever I get...if I let him :)

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: